Friday, February 14, 2014

Heart Rate Monitor Info

I had finished my 7 hours of sleep for last night (I actually got 7.5!) by 10:30 this morning; by 11:30 I had taken care of the baby and gotten myself breakfast. And then... I really didn't want to get on the treadmill. So I didn't, until tonight when my baby was happily asleep and someone else could watch him if he woke up, so I could work out without fear of interruption. My average heart rate (from the 23 minutes of workout and the 4 minutes since then) was 152, with a maximum of 168. I hit my goal of 10 minutes at 160+ :) and, as always, I feel happier right after exercising. 

My left hip complained while I was on the steep incline to keep my heart rate up, but it felt fine after that 10 minutes when I brought the incline back to 0. I'm going to have to be careful of that, in case it starts to flare up.

My heart rate monitor is a Polar FT4; it has a chest strap that communicates wirelessly to a watch, where I can read the information. I like the men's colors better than the women's, and the watch strap is the same size. You can see them at http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4.html?gclid=CIT68abayrwCFUiGfgodaRAA9A, if you're curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment