Sunday, February 16, 2014

Biking!

I really didn't want to exercise yesterday, but then I realized it was Saturday. That meant my husband was home; since the weather was also good (55 degrees in mid February is unseasonably warm where I live, but it was very nice!) I went biking! I haven't been on a bicycle since last July, when I was training for a triathlon and started threatening to miscarry and had to stop.

As I biked, I was going to do a short route and only be out about 20 minutes - but it felt so good, I called my husband and made sure my baby was doing well (he was happily asleep) and then changed my route and kept going. Here are my totals, both from my heart rate monitor and from a free android phone app called MyTracks:

406 calories
average heart rate 133
maximum heart rate 177

distance 9.03 miles
average speed 8.77 mi/hr
maximum speed 18.25 mi/hr
moving time 1 hr 0 min 23 seconds

I felt so good! And, emotionally, I have felt great ever since. I am so delighted with myself for being able to go 9 miles, my first time back on a bike in 7 months! Also, there is a Big Hill along the route - very big, very steep, very challenging, and I didn't have to stop at all while going up it! In fact, the only stops I made were for stoplights, once to call home and check on baby before heading into a poor-cell-coverage area, and once to walk for a bit because my feet were numb. (The numb feet are a reflection of my weaker core, but my strength will come back with time, as I stick with it.)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment