Friday, February 21, 2014

Heart Rate Adjustments

Today I am back on the treadmill.

I did a little research, and then used the calculations from 
http://exercise.about.com/od/cardioworkouts/ss/findtargetheart.htm to change the heart rate training zone on my  monitor from 122-159 to 131-169. This is more in line with what my personal trainer had calculated for me, based on my resting heart rate, but perhaps more significantly, it felt better to my body.

I was going to write more - and walk more - but this is the point at which my baby woke up, and I have had a good work out and that is sufficient for me.

(I spent most of this workout at 9% incline instead of 12%, and I felt like I got a better workout and it felt better for my body to work at that rate.)

Duration w/ heart rate monitor on: 33:27
240 calories
In zone 24:59
average heart rate 143; maximum heart rate 164

No comments:

Post a Comment