Friday, January 10, 2014

Overdid It

So, my "awesome workout" last week felt awesome at the time... but the next day I really paid for it. Apparently I overdid it, and it took several days to start to feel better. Our two week checkup was on Wednesday (even though my baby wasn't technically two weeks until Thursday), and my midwife said I should be okay walking now. I had planned to walk yesterday (which was Thursday) but I did a couple errands on Wednesday after the doctor's office, since I was out anyway, and I didn't feed myself well and apparently I overdid it again! I felt terrible yesterday.

Today I have felt fine - good even - so I did get back on the treadmill. I can tell my body is still recovering and getting better, since this is the fastest mile I've done since mid pregnancy. My hips are continuing to hurt frequently, and sometimes it is difficult for me to even walk down the hall carrying my baby. I hope to start walking every day again, or at least nearly so, but I'm going to have to take it one day at a time and listen to my body as I go. For today, I am happy with what I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment