Monday, January 20, 2014

OVER a Mile!

I used to have the goal of going one mile each day, or going for 20 minutes on the treadmill - whichever was longer. Today I made 20 minutes longer than a mile! (Only by about 15 seconds, but I did it!)
This shows my speed while walking - I hit 5.1 km/hr, which is far faster than I have gone since... last May? Maybe before that? Going this fast during pregnancy made my heart rate faster than I was supposed to allow it to get.
Final time & distance for today
I also did 2 sets of 5 "corkscrews" on each side, and one set of 10 "statues" (seehttp://trimathlete.blogspot.com/2014/01/middle-and-upper-back-home-workout.html). Also, three sets of 10 dumbbell rows with 3 lb weights and three sets of 10 cobras. (The cobras were interesting; I think I could definitely add weights if I wanted to, though I will wait a bit. Also, I couldn't do them on the large exercise ball - I had to use the small one.) I was planning to do my middle-and-upper-back-exercises daily, but having done them once, I think I will be wiser to do them every other day to give my body a little chance to recover in between. I am anxious to get stronger, but it is not worth injuring myself and taking even longer to feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment