Friday, March 7, 2014

Free Weight Workout

The days seem to blend one into another right now. I am tired, but trying to work out anyway, but between my back, my knee, and my baby, it feels like the world is conspiring against me getting stronger.

The day before yesterday I went to the gym and met with my personal trainer again. We worked on biceps, triceps, and deltoids; here is what she had me do:

single arm side preacher curl (12 reps @ 8 lbs, 10 reps @ 8 lbs, 8 reps @ 10 lbs)
cable curl w/ straight bar (12 reps @ 30 lbs, 10 reps @ 40 lbs, 8 reps @ 50 lbs)
seated hammer curl (12 reps @ 8 lbs, 10 reps @ 10 lbs, 8 reps @ ? lbs)
tricep cable pulldown w rope (12 reps @ 40 lbs, 10 reps @ 40 lbs, 8 reps @ 50 lbs)
seated overhead press (use 1 hand weight - hold weight on ends) (12 reps @ 8 lbs, 10 reps @ 10 lbs, 8 reps @ 10 lbs - increase next time)
raise side / raise front - 8 reps @ 5 lbs, 3 sets - 2 feet first set, then standing on L foot, then standing on R foot for other 2 sets
seated shoulder press w/ rotation - 12 reps @ 5 lbs, 10 reps @ 5 lbs, 8 reps @ 5 lbs - gradually increase to 8 & 10 lb weights

Now that I'm not staying home absolutely all the time with my baby, life feels crazy busy. Yesterday my middle child turned 11! I'm not working out as well or as much as I'd like to be; instead it feels like I'm hanging on for dear life! But I am hanging on, because I know this time will fly quickly and then I'll have my time to myself again all too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment