Thursday, March 13, 2014

10 Minutes

Today is our oldest child's birthday. She is our only daughter, and she is turning 14!

Also, today, my baby spent several hours happy - while I did lots of useful things - followed by spending several hours fussy and just wanting to be held, and waking up every 5 minutes if he wasn't held. I choose to spend the time taking care of him, because that is what I want to do more than other things.

However, I also wanted to work out, and with our daughter's birthday, there wasn't enough time to go to the gym like I had been hoping. In fact, there wasn't even time for 20 minutes on the treadmill. So, instead, I spent 10 minutes doing core exercises. I extended each leg 10-20 times in each direction while tethered to the door gym; I then stood on each foot for one minute. This currently makes my calves and shins burn, so I'm sure it is still effective exercise for me, even though as I progress again it probably won't be. After that I did 3 sets of 20 sit-ups on the exercise ball, and then I did a one minute plank! I can't do full body length again yet, but I was able to do it on my knees. This is especially significant, because it is solid evidence that my left knee is indeed getting better, since when I tried this 9 days ago, I collapsed in a shot of pain from that left knee when I tried to do a plank. Some days I think I should change this blog to "I'm the Tortoise" because small, slow steps are definitely what I'm all about.

Now for a quick shower and trip to the store for ingredients for dinner, before my 14-year-old gets out of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment