Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Slow Learner

I really need to learn better; it has been clear for several years that when I don't walk/exercise regularly, I will be in pain, and when I do, generally I will be much more free of pain.

After walking three days last week, I was feeling great! Since then I hadn't walked in 6 days, and last night I ached throughout the night and hardly slept. You would think I would learn...

Last Sunday, sitting through three hours of church was enough to bring my contractions down to a steady 10 minutes apart. I need to make it until 4 weeks from yesterday before I actually go into labor. (I went home and took a nap and they stopped completely.) I think that not walking for several days has made my body more sensitive to walking; today I've had to go MUCH more slowly, and take a break half way through. In the end, though, I made it!

My life has practically stopped for this pregnancy, and for me, that's what needed to happen. I'm grateful that it could happen that way, and that I get this opportunity. Challenging though it is, it is so worth it to me. I am very fortunate to be in a position that I am able to make the sacrifices necessary to have a child, and I am fortunate to even have the opportunity to do so.



No comments:

Post a Comment