Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Slow but Steady

I have been in more pain, but I have not walked because I have had so much to do. I am still functional only a few hours each day, and that makes it hard to keep up with basic stuff in life. 
I had been starting to really worry about being ready for this baby to come next month, but last Saturday my neighbor threw me a baby shower and I'm WAY more prepared now. It has really taken a load off of me; being ready in time now seems possible, when it did not before.
I am day dreaming of walking on my treadmill again within days of the baby being born; I hope that I really do feel well enough to want to do that. I would really like it if I'm back at the gym starting to lift weights two weeks after the birth; in the past, I've restricted my own activity even when I felt like doing more after my babies were born. This time, I'm determined to listen to my body and do exactly what feels right and good and no more and no less.
I didn't do any hand weights while walking today, but I am grateful that I did get one slow and steady mile in. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment