Monday, January 14, 2013

Exercise Update

I've had a few really challenging weeks. The weekend before Christmas I came down with a bad cold. Then, the day after Christmas I was back in bed, and the day after that when I went to the doctor, I was told not to exercise for a week or more.

That's been more than two weeks ago, and it's taken until the last few days to feel like I was really back into it again. For Christmas I got Wii Fit (and the balance board to go with it - Hooray for pre-loved from Game Stop!) and Zumba Fitness Core (also for Wii). It was really helpful to be able to pull those out - especially Zumba - at 9:40 at night and get a half hour of cardio in last Friday.

Saturday I met with my personal trainer. I basically skipped all of my weight lifting for two weeks, and when I went back, my upper body was a little sore (not too bad) but my lower body wasn't sore at all. So, I asked for a harder lower body workout. And I got one. I'm finally getting over the soreness today, thank goodness :).

So, today, I worked on Biceps, Triceps, and Deltoids. Saturday I did Lower Body, and then biked some and swam some. Saturday is my second triathalon. It's a super sprint, and I think I'm ready. The really exciting part is going to be watching my husband and children finish. I hope that, afterward, they are as proud of themselves as they were of me when I finished my first race last summer....





















(My daughter asked me not to photograph her exercising. I did finally persuade her to change her mind, and but then I forgot to take any pictures of her! ><)

No comments:

Post a Comment