Monday, February 4, 2013

Jogging and Listening



Jogged the first 18 min of this, while listening to "The Hobbit" (unabridged audio book) with my 9 yr old son. (Distance is in km.)

Since 1 mi = 1.6 km, this means I jogged a full mile. WOW. I also went significantly faster (5.5km/hr pace instead of 4.8km/hr pace) than I have before.

I have this really, really crazy idea about doing a half marathon.

When I run, my body feels heavy. ("Well, that's because your body is heavy!" I know that.) The question is, is this really a possible goal for me? If I never restrict calories, and never loose any weight, will my body fall apart again rather than completing that 13.1 miles?

For now, I'll just keep moving toward that goal of running the entire 5k - or the 10k, if I can manage it - in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment