Monday, December 30, 2013

Labor is a workout

Last Thursday (December 26) I had my baby! Hooray!

We basically chose a medical-backup-homebirth-like situation, so we went in at about 9:30 at night, had him at 1:30 (water birth and daddy caught him!), and we were home again a little after 7 am.

Recovery is going very well, if I compare to anyone else I know. On the other hand, it's not as easy as it was 10 years ago when I had my last baby, and instead of feeling like myself after 4 hours, I think it will take a couple of weeks this time. it seems so ridiculous to complain at all! Because, seriously, I do have it easy.

My respect and admiration for childbirth has increased. I remember it being easier than this, and the fact is, it is really hard. I admire women everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment